Speedway LLC - Eh | Glassdoor

"Eh"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, OH

I worked at Speedway LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not terribly boring. My store offered as many hours as you wanted.

Cons

Turnover is high. This was just a summer job for me, and 10+ people quit within those 3 months. Thought I'd be the one leaving early with just a summer job, turns out I ended up being one of the more experienced workers by the time I had to leave.

They'll tell you good job if you work hard, but wont promote you or even offer a raise.

The real killer for me was the lack of a break and the lack of employee discount/meal during the short time we had for breaks. 9 hour shifts are normal in the work week, sure, but that's assuming an hour worth of breaks, not 9 hours of work with $5-$10 spent in the store for "lunch" anyway. I hated spending 1-2 hours of pay on food in the store because I couldn't go anywhere or take any real break. They throw away 50+ hotdogs in every store ever day, why not let employees take a meal once a shift, even if it is only $2.22 pizza and a small soda/water.

Advice to Management

Stabilize your management and labor force. High turnover may not show on your bottom line enough for you to care, but the managers who get replaced for no reason sure will.

Other Employee Reviews for Speedway LLC

"an okay job"

Former Employee - Customer Sales Associate in Lebanon, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Associate in Lebanon, OH

I worked at Speedway LLC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-not a very difficult job
    -paid a little bit above minimum wage
    -bonuses available
    -scheduling was decently flexible

Cons

-my coworkers were awful
    -the customers were frequently rude, especially to new hires
    -very pushy about selling points and getting people to use a speedy rewards card

"This Company Stinks!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Speedway LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not sure I have any pros. Good benefits

Cons

Long days for crappy pay. Company treats you like a slave. Sure, they offer "bonuses" but they've made them so hard to achieve that its not even worth mentioning the bonus. Management is expected to live at the store and you have very little home life.

Advice to Management

I worked for 3 different District Managers in my 4 years as a store manager and none of them had a clue. Its a "good ole boys" network. The store managers that are willing to pucker up and kiss butt get chosen to move on to a DMs position. How quickly those DM's forget what its like to be a manager and suddenly become total asses. For a company that is run by Marathon Oil its totally in disaray and mismanaged.