Spencer Gifts - Get in and Get out! | Glassdoor

"Get in and Get out!"

Former Employee - POS Associate II in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Former Employee - POS Associate II in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Spencer Gifts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, laid back work atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, low benefits, low opportunity. This job is typically taken by people looking to get into IT work who have little to no experience in the field. In that sense, it's not a bad place to work for a little while, it's something you can put on your resume. But you will find the work is extremely monotonous and un-challenging. Most of what you do is specialized to their POS software, so the experience won't really help you at all in the rest of the IT world. Some people like the comfort and east of the job, and maybe it's for you if you like living on the edge of poverty. Otherwise, it's a job that if you have to take it to build some base IT experience, start looking for other jobs immediately once you're in there.

Advice to Management

Try and create incentives for POS associates that keep the department from being the complete revolving door that it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Gifts

1. "Being a Sales Associate is decent, do not work in management unless DM or above."

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Miami, FL

I worked at Spencer Gifts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Sales Associates, some of the other employees, good music.

Cons

Always understaffed and underpaid. Want you to work off the clock without telling anyone, want you to take an unpaid break while working through your break. In management they will try to get you to work as close to 40 hours as possible without ever going over to avoid any chance of OT pay. I was a PT employee though I worked as close to 40 hours as possible.

Advice to Management

Hire some managers and pay them like you actually care about them.

"TRASH"

Former Employee - Store Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Store Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Spencer Gifts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, OH we could wear whatever we wanted... that's IT

Cons

EVERYTHING, trashy environment, trashy products we sold, TRASH customers, terrible pay, MALL HOURS SUCK... it all sucked

Advice to Management

STOP being so stingy with raises. You're selling SO much nonsense at such high prices- how about you look at whose a loyal employee and stop insulting them with .05 cent raises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!