Spencer Pest Services - Terrible place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Pest Services

"Terrible place to work."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Spencer Pest Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no real pros to working for this company. They seem to hire and fire at will with no real forethought or insight.

Cons

Their pay is constantly changing and they have a very exclusive few that run the company. It is a family and friends company and outsiders are not welcome. Unethical behavior is par for the course within this company. They rip people off constantly, have no accounting department and do poor quality work; having seen it myself. They have no idea how to run a business and their SOP changes daily. They never do thorough termite inspections and do not understand how to properly use their products; including sentricon and insecticides, which they spray in quantities far above label recommendations. It is a wonder this place is still open. The company culture is awful and is full of backstabbing and lying. They tell you they will give you a car and a phone and an Ipad, but neglect to tell you they will charge you daily for their use. As an employee, you are also liable for any and all damage to their vehicles up to the deductible which is $500 and up. I have seen many people fired without reason including myself. Very strange place and a place to avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to stop with the nepotism and learn to work with people other than friends and family. You have had no decent employees in years because of these practices.

Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Pest Services

1. "Best employer I ever had"

Former Employee - Shining Star of Operations in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Shining Star of Operations in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Spencer Pest Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture and management was always open to suggestions on how to improve work processes. Gained years of small business knowledge from ownership.

Cons

They never conned anyone.......

Advice to Management

Don't stop being Spencer

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales/Customer Service in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales/Customer Service in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Spencer Pest Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't ask for a better place to work at. The owner Sheri is amazing and listens to everyone that works for her. You can always get ahold of her if you need. The atmosphere here is great. I really enjoy coming to work and trying to help grow the company every day. It is growing fast but still has a family feeling. Everyone employed here now is a great addition to our team. I'm so glad I work here. Spencer always has their customer's best interest in mind. They show their appreciation to all of us on a regular basis. They really make you feel like your opinion matters and that you're of value to the company. I started as a Service Pro and now work inside and enjoy learning as much as I can to help benefit the company and myself. I see myself working here until I'm ready to retire, which I hope is a very long time.

Cons

Sometimes we keep someone around to long that doesn't have the company's best interest in mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job! Every manager we have right now is awesome!! Thank you for letting us know we matter each day.