Spencer Reed Group - One of the best overall environments I have ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Reed Group

"One of the best overall environments I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Director Business Development in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Director Business Development in Overland Park, KS

Pros

This is an organization who allows its employees to grow from a business aspect while promoting an environment and culture which is positive and family oriented. They are supportive of their employees in providing a platform to succeed.

Cons

We are a commission driven environment which was hit hard during the economic downturn in employment. We lost some long term employees. Spencer Reed has more long term tenured employees than any other staffing firm in the KC area.

Advice to Management

Perhaps look at a new pay arrangement for our employees. Commission driven environments are difficult and often times we lose those who perhaps could be future top producers. The reason our reputation is strong is based on the long term leadership in conjunction with the reputation of having long term employees. Employers do not like to see turnover in their own firms and do not want to see it in the staffing firms they are utilizing.

Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Reed Group

"Generally supportive, and, can be recommended, but, without some reservations to make autonomous decisions"

Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Corporate amenities, such as work space, break room, logistics ( ie parking, location ) above average. Benefit package among the best. Infrastructure (ie communications, network, data base ) more than adequate to do your job.

Cons

Management Practices too monolithic. Very little consensus building. Industry Practice sharing was minimal. Many way was all about " Turf " building and in some cases, in-fighting.

Advice to Management

Provide more joint-assessment for KPI's to know exact corporate benchmarks, before RIF has to be implemented. More than just " Same Day Lay-Offs for cost-cutting" reasons. I know SRG , like any ' At-Will ' employer is not obligated to provide more, in such circumstances, but, there is a thing for having a "human face" to better handle such RIFs in the future. Otherwise Management is fair.

"DALLAS OFFICE REVIEW"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

THE OWNERS ARE BUSINESS PEOPLE AND HAVE EXPRESSED TO ALL THE EMPLOYEES THAT YOUR GROWTH IS DEPENDING ON YOURSELF. If you need help or extra training material everything is posted on the company intranet. So it is up to you to decide the level of training you want. Of course everyone wants to achieve the best. Fellow colleagues are upbeat and friendly with responses. It's like a family as far as the support goes. Especially in the hard economic times that has everyone less than energetic we recieve praise and ideas so that we don't get discourged. Nobody's pay has been cut. Corner's are not being cut. We still have quotas that need to be meet but we are reminded in a firm but yet non abrasive way.

Cons

NOT REALLY A DOWNSIDE. JUST HARD TO HAVE INTERAction WITH OTHER OFFICES THAT ARE OUT OF TEXAS. If there is an IT issue you have to be very detailed about the concern and the wait for IT to log onto your computer and fix it. The other thing that I feel is a downside is the marketing department is in overland park and again it's a waiting game for materials or anything else that we may want ordered. In saying all of that I still would not call that a downside as much as I would just part of having a cooperate office out of your area. We are still working hard and just greatful that we have certain items avaibabl to this team.

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE MOTIVATION. WE NEED IT AND APPRECIATE IT.