Spencer Reed Group - Very Supportive Contract Recruiting Firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spencer Reed Group

"Very Supportive Contract Recruiting Firm"

Former Contractor - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Vero Beach, FL
Former Contractor - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Spencer Reed Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great recruiters who know their placements.

Cons

There are no cons as this is an exceptional company to work for!

Advice to Management

Provide Travel rewards to meet contractors that are placed for more than 3 months.

Other Employee Reviews for Spencer Reed Group

"Setup for failure!"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Spencer Reed Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good equipment supplied for network administrator to use, people are mostly friendly.

Cons

IT department has allot to learn about training up new employees in their department. Given equipment to use for position and then showed little of the environment. After three weeks, no communication and instructed to not speak or disturb system administrator who is the only person available to learn from.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure job position qualifications are met and explained to new potential employees and not set them up for failure, like what happened to me. I lost my new home i was suppose to close on and got evicted from my rental because It was the holidays and I could not get unemployment or another job quickly!

"One of the best overall environments I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Director Business Development in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director Business Development in Overland Park, KS

Pros

This is an organization who allows its employees to grow from a business aspect while promoting an environment and culture which is positive and family oriented. They are supportive of their employees in providing a platform to succeed.

Cons

We are a commission driven environment which was hit hard during the economic downturn in employment. We lost some long term employees. Spencer Reed has more long term tenured employees than any other staffing firm in the KC area.

Advice to Management

Perhaps look at a new pay arrangement for our employees. Commission driven environments are difficult and often times we lose those who perhaps could be future top producers. The reason our reputation is strong is based on the long term leadership in conjunction with the reputation of having long term employees. Employers do not like to see turnover in their own firms and do not want to see it in the staffing firms they are utilizing.