Spherion - Good place for a couple of years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spherion

"Good place for a couple of years."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spherion was a good place to learn what a larger company has to offer after coming from a very small staffing firm previously. Lots of tools provide, reasonable budgets, and expectations for a seasoned recruiter.

Cons

Very political environment when it came to Regional Management. It semed that they were not as interested in the day to day operations or training of new, less experienced staff. I saw new hires come in and basically get thrown on a desk without really knowing what they were doing.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics (training) with new hires that don't have staffing experience. I saw too many of my peers fail while I was there.

Other Employee Reviews for Spherion

1. "Overall a good company but sometimes out of touch with it's employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Spherion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great environment. they did actually know how to connect on a personal level. great work-life balance afforded to the employees on the account I was on.

Cons

my account did not offer benefits (no PTO) to Service Desk agents, even though they were the ones that took the majority of the hits. if you were not interested in technical certificates then they didn't have anything to offer.

Advice to Management

Make your offerings for training more varied and please, please, PLEASE stop treating your Level I agents poorly. If you have multiple people on a contract and the only people that do not have the availability of time off then you need to rethink what you are doing.

"Nightmare!"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Spherion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will place you in good companies that at least treat you better than other temp agencies

Cons

You can NEVER take a day off under any cirsumstance. The recruiters are very rude and judge you if you do need to take a day off. Oh, and they will tell you that the company you're assigned to is interested in hiring you, when they really aren't

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and hire nice people to work in your offices. Ones that will let employees take a day off without hassel. It's only your company's reputation on the line.