Spiceworks - Believe the hype!! | Glassdoor

"Believe the hype!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for some amazing companies and Spiceworks is, by far, the best one all around. We all truly love coming to work and being a part of an organization we believe in. It's a wonderful feeling when you enjoy the day to day aspect of your job and management does a great job of mixing things up and keeping it interesting. The pay is competitive - the benefits are top notch - and the growth opportunities are... endless.

Cons

There is no 'perfect' location in Austin - so my commute isn't the best - but is't also not the worst. Take back roads from downtown and enjoy the view.

Advice to Management

We love the transparency here - so keep it up!

Spiceworks2015-06-25

"Culture shines through as company evolves"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The recent unveiling of the three year plan and the vision for the company in the future is compelling. Spiceworks adds value for IT Pros and the Vendors they connect with. This enables their businesses to move forward on their goals.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company transitions and aligns with the new vision.

Advice to Management

Get after the new vision and help transform the IT industry

Spiceworks2018-11-06

"Great people, bad management"

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Spiceworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work/life balance - Smart, talented workers - Opportunities to make projects fun and creative - Support and trust from middle management

Cons

- Confused overall business strategy to the point where even executives can't tell you what exactly the company really does or how it makes money - Frequent mass layoffs - Highly political - Roles actively being exported to India - Dishonest positioning about state of company upon hire

Advice to Management

Be upfront about what's happening before laying off half the company without warning.

Spiceworks2019-10-04

Discover more reviews about Spiceworks.