Spiraledge - Good place to be an entrepreneur and take charge of you career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spiraledge

"Good place to be an entrepreneur and take charge of you career"

I have been working at Spiraledge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open to making changes, allows one to expand their role and take on more, great people with lots of drive, decisions are made and implemented quickly, fun place to work, yoga, pilates, fitness classes!

Cons

Pay can improve - is improving slowly, benefits can be richer.

Advice to Management

Provide more training to help grow your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Spiraledge

1. "Spiraledge Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Spiraledge part-time

Pros

Positive environment with nice people

Cons

Hard to find the chance to socialize with coworkers if you work in Customer Service

"Work From Home Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA

Pros

The pay isn't terrible for an entry level job. It's also fun to drink to Kool-Aid at first because you want to believe what they sell you. A fun, California based company that allows you to self manage as long as you're getting your work done. The people are nice and the training is good.

Cons

Where do I begin? This company is a sinking ship and everyone there knows it. I'll start from the beginning. I started a little over a year ago, and I was immediately struck by how many technical issues I saw, even in training. I remember being put off by how normal it seemed to our trainer that nothing worked properly, but I ignored it (I was guzzling the kool-aid at this point). As time went on, the technical issues got worse to the point of it almost being an unbearable company to work for. The website doesn't work for both the customers and the employes. Prices on items change constantly when you add them to your cart. 1-3 days a week the credit card reader would go down, so every single customer looking to place an order on their own couldn't. And those are just the external issues. I won't even begin to tell you the issues with the phone and computer system. It makes me wonder how they're slipped through the cracks for so long with the Better Business Bureau. I used to have customers ask me all the time if it were truly safe to shop on the site and I would hesitantly tell them ".....yes, I believe so".

Now here's where things get really messy...the merchandise. I worked with Spiraledge for a little over a year, and the products remains the greatest unsolved mystery. If I had a nickle for all the times a customer called in and complained about an item being defective, mislabeled, irregular, or unusually cheaply made I would be swimming in a pool of coins. I'm under the impression at this point that the company buys low quality, knock off versions of the actual product in bulk. They're EXTREMELY liberal with replacements and refunds, which only adds to my point. They're also notorious for taking items back that have been used frequently and trying to resell them (a regular occurrence with bathing suits and swim trunks).

These are all things the supervisors work VERY HARD at looking over. I worked up the courage to mention them to a few of my managers during my time with the company, and they surprisingly unloaded similar concerns. Many of them admitted to not really knowing what was going on with the company behind the scenes, but wished the issues would get resolved.

IN A NUTSHELL - The job is easy but they make it hard. If you decide to work here, be aware of the fact that many other people are seeing the things you're seeing. For a long time I felt crazy, like a lot of it was in my head but it's not. This company is shady with a capital S.

Advice to Management

The wool you're trying to pull over the eyes of your employees isn't working. There are serious issues bubbling beneath the surface of this company and they really need to get resolved.