Spirent Communications - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff I in Eatontown, NJ
Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff I in Eatontown, NJ

Pros

Great Work environment
Managers listen to the employees
Time-off can be usually taken anytime even during a deadline
Flexibility offered by the company is superb

Cons

Salary could be less then what is offered outside
Promotion could be slow
Process of receving the Offer letter was very slow

Advice to Management

Please increase the salary offered to the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Spirent Communications

"Spirent was once a great company, but a lot has changed now."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Chance to learn new technologies and participate in product development of cutting edge technology. Engineering team is pretty solid and they have some pretty high level people as the interview process was challenging. Training opportunities was fair and the opportunity to travel to new locations for business reasons is also good. The rank and file employees are excellent and most are quite accomplished individuals. Company always provided training and excellent physical work environment and top notch equipment. I hope this company can come back to the company it was in the early 2000's as it's technology is first rate and a real market dominant player.

Cons

Constant layoffs and downsizing; instability. Lack of management communication. Spirent was created by the acquisition of several test and measurement networking companies in the early 2000's, management has tried to integrate these companies into one company - Spirent, with mixed results. There was duplication of jobs in many areas, so many employees were doing jobs which had duplicate efforts. Morale was low when I left and many senior staff members were looking for jobs or had already left. Big layoff in 2007 caused the morale to even dip further. I hope this company can come back to the company it was in the early 2000's as it's technology is first rate.

Advice to Management

Pay attention and take care of your rank and file employees. Management should coordinate responses to employees and work together as one team, instead of in-fighting.

"Hopefully the big egos are gone"

Former Employee - Head of Operations in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Head of Operations in Rockville, MD

Pros

Good benefits. Although, I left a while back so who knows how they are now.

Cons

When I was working there this company had some of the biggest egos I've seen. The crazy thing is that all of these guys (directors, managers, VPs, President) saw themselves as above the crowd. When the fact is that they didn't accomplish jack...especially, those in the Rockville, MD unit. Schleckser and Rennyson where the biggest cancers in this company. They totally sucked the life out of it with their egos.

Advice to Management

Don't be so egotistical. Stay humble and accomplish something before you start pounding your chest. I think Anders Gustafsson got rid of most of these egos (cancers). Hopefully, he's put a team in place that will be able to take Spirent to the next level.