Spireon - Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spireon

"Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon"

Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have found everyone I work with at Spireon to be positive people who are striving to improve the company. The culture is lighthearted - people are busy but they have fun and are not overly serious or stressed. I have plenty of projects to work on and the departments I work with value my contribution. My manager is a great person who cares for me personally and professionally and makes working fun. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the CEO and the whole management team is focused on taking the company to a new level of performance. The pay and benefits are good. The facility in Irvine is well equipped. Upper management communicates well with the employees. Employees are highly committed to the company. I have the technology I need to go my job. I joined the company recently and have not felt this good about my employer in a long time.

Cons

Prioritization can be challenging with so many things to do. There is a lot of change going on, and there are a few people who are not embracing it.

Other Employee Reviews for Spireon

1. "Employee for 2+ years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many changes happening at Spireon with the shift in management and I, for one, am very excited about the possibilities now. Although it may be shaking up the house a bit for many, it's what I would call "cleaning the house" - and I think this has been long over due. Finally, we are focused on process, infrastructure and building high performance teams - exactly what any company at our stage needs to reach its next level.

Cons

There is a lot to be done. And where I am normally energized when I can multi-task, all of this focus on documenting the building blocks, doing many business reviews without the right tools and resources in place, makes it extremely difficult to perform. I am, however, optimistic that this is an interim symptom.

Advice to Management

I urge the senior management team to balance high performers with the tactical support needed as well as strategic. Strategic is essential, however, those tactical employees make sure all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed ... they are very much needed in the ecosystem.

"Painful, absolutely painful!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Platteville, WI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Platteville, WI

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are about average. Being salary, the hours are flexible. The base pay is sufficient. Most of the employees in the office were great co-workers.

Cons

The company used to care about us as employees. That all changed around the first of the year. The management team is excruciatingly simple-minded and has no imagination. They are too busy hiring friends to lead to consider what may legitimately benefit the office. They took quota from tough, but fun to attempt hitting to a point where it is impossible to accomplish and then refuse to pay a decent commission.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends and hire a qualified management team. Remember the word accountability actually has a definition and needs to be enforced upon others than just account executives.