Spireon - Corporate America in its worst form | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spireon

"Corporate America in its worst form"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Maybe the coffee ? the best I can think of when I left

Cons

This company used to be awesome before big private equity firm came in (Bertram Capital). Then those people involved in buying shoe shop, start teaching us about technologies, imposed their own vision , criticize everything that was not their, fired people who knew the business, replaced them by complete idiots...
In 6 months they turned a good company into a complete hell.
Most of our bonus, compensation promised have been drawn into BS management complexity, reforms of status etc

in conclusion a lying dishonest company that will promise you the moon but will give you only humiliation in return.

Advice to Management

Stop promising things to employee to motivate them if you know you will never reward them.

Spireon Response

Dec 10, 2014 – Sr. Vice President of Software Engineering

Thank you for your candid feedback. Spireon has been undergoing a significant organizational and technological transformation as we reinvent ourselves into an innovative growth technology ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Spireon

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with a great team we treated each other like family.

Cons

Everything else was the worse you could possibly think of.

Advice to Management

Nothing my manger was awesome.

"Disapointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My immediate supervisor was accomadating to scheduling/ working from home.

Cons

There was no accountability in my department. Spireon is a family business trying to be a real company. The culture is one where there is little trust or incentive to work together. Upper management pits employees against each other and rewards underminded behavior in the sales force. When I was hired in November 2011, I was promised a substantial raise. In the almost 3 years I was there, I took 2 paycuts despite excellent performance and reviews. Ultimately, this is why I left. Employees in offices outside the corp headquaters are treated like step children and I would advise anyone interviewing for this company to beware!

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is and compensate your employees. Current upper sales management should not be in charge of customer support/ account management positions. Development is far behind what you can deliver to your clients.

Spireon Response

Nov 24, 2014 – President - Fleet

Dear Former Employee, Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry you feel the way you do about our organization, however, your description is inconsistent with the sentiment of the other ... More