Sports Authority - Good beginner job for post high school kids. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"Good beginner job for post high school kids."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

Pros

Relaxed environment, fun people to work with, decent pay for what you do. At times could be considered a pseudo-family environment. Compensation is okay. Benefits are fine. Hours are fairly flex, and management could be accomodating.

Cons

Nothing out of the oridnary when compared to other jobs. Lax management styles are compensated with various excuses. Poor compensation for some managers. Senior management's focus lacks the input of those working for them regionally; whether it comes from other managers or other senior associate staff. Communication hindered by poor leadership. Environment can be come very hostile with caddy behavior.

Advice to Management

Grow a back bone, that's why they pay you more.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

1. "Listen to us, hear us, and do not neglect us, you need us."

Current Employee - Department Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Rockville, MD

Pros

I still have a job in this "economy."

Cons

This company wants you to turn water into wine with no payroll to do it. Along with assisting every customer in footwear and selling a coverage plan on 20% of the shoes you sell, you still have to do major tasking and vendor recalls. No organization from the top. They think they know what they are doing but never ask for any feedback from any of its field employees. Let me remind you that we are making their salaries through our hard work but we receive no acknowledgment of that. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES, WE SEE REALITY IN THE STORES.

Advice to Management

Listen to us, hear us, and do not neglect us, you need us.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The company is stable and has a good working environment. There is opportunity for advancement. The management is fair and provides the resources for a balance between personal and professional time. In a time when the economy is in turmoil is is good to have a job and profession that encourages stability , comoradity, and family time. The benefits are great and vacation time is adequate. There are many stores so there are many opportunites to grow within the organzation. I would like to move up wthin the company. The more experience I get the more marketabe I will be within the organization.

Cons

I do not have a lot of downsides to point out other than when you work in any retail envronment you work alot of weekends and holidays

Advice to Management

Just to provide more opportunites for training and education.