Sports Authority - Senior Sales Authority | Glassdoor

"Senior Sales Authority"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Palm Desert, CA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent discount
-Friendly coworkers
-Understanding managers
-Great atmosphere

Cons

-Low hours
-Pay isn't competitive
-Few Managers have no idea what they are doing

Advice to Management

As a Senior Authority, I am constantly on the top 1 rank for productivity in the region, yet fail to get praised. Instead, I get lashed at for going a whole shift for not getting an ECP/Insole while other associates are getting praised for getting 1 ECP/Insole in a WEEK! Managers need to distribute hours more to those who deserve it, and not just to those with the rank of “full-time” because most of them at my store don’t even produce metrics like others do. District Managers and Regional Managers need to micromanage the stores individually, because not all stores are built to run alike. Also, quit making Loyalty cards a big deal. Not every customer wants ones, so quit forcing us to making them sign up for one.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

1. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Floor Associate in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Floor Associate in Sanford, FL

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is really no pros to this job. The only thing is that they start you at a decent pay.

Cons

No hours given. My position was floor associate. But I was on register a lot meaning the store never got cleaned so the opening shift would always complain. Other employees were not friendly at all. No real training, pretty much you have to learn everything yourself. And I really mean that so customers would look at me like I was stupid. Managers were horrible as well. They don't know how to talk to people. One manager made me feel like I put the store percentage down with there rewards program since I started working there. They are all about numbers and nothing else.

Advice to Management

Go to training on how to become better. Like really I don't know how they became managers. They all were very horrible.

2. "Very Average Job: Has it's Good and Horrible Parts"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% employee discount, I loved my direct supervisor- she was wonderful!, average starting rate of pay, good with giving you time off as requested

Cons

Hours are few and far between during off season times, disorganized management, constantly having goals and standards ('loyalty enrollment" or "productivity") being shoved down your throat. High turnover rate for employees

Advice to Management

Don't fire good workers over the tiniest things