Sports Authority - Overall not bad but not much room to advance anymore | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"Overall not bad but not much room to advance anymore"

Current Employee - Corporate in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Corporate in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, the people in my department are very hard workers. There have been tons of changes since I started but things seem to be leveling off.

Cons

benefits are too expensive, always seem to be downsizing, you are pretty much stuck in your current position unless you are related to one of the executives or get laid off

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

"This must be what hell is like..."

Current Employee - Front End Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Front End Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with the majority of my coworkers.

Cons

I have never been so micro managed in my life. Constant numbers game. If you don't get enough people to sign up for "the league" a manager "has a talk with you" over and over and over again. Honestly when I first started working here I tried to do a very good job because I started at the bottom and wanted to work my way up, but after experiencing this corporate culture first hand I am ready to move on as quickly as possible!

I do not know anyone I work with who actually likes their job. We had 3 people quit in one week just in my department.

As for discounts you normally get 25% off (special occasions we get cost+10% which is awesome), customers routinely come in with coupons for 20% off.

Advice to Management

Value your associates a little bit more and cool it with the micromanaging. That alone would motivate us to work harder.

2. "Very poorly ran company"

Pros

Very nice coworkers and had a blast working with my coworkers. Also enjoyed the flexibility of work centers and scheduling of hours.

Cons

Horrible training and preparation given to the employees. Management sits in their offices and does nothing to help out the store or business. Many times they wouldn't even come out of the office to speak with customers.

Advice to Management

Your store management is horrible.