Sports Authority - It was an average, low-level job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"It was an average, low-level job."

Former Contractor - Sniagrab Associate in Murray, UT
Former Contractor - Sniagrab Associate in Murray, UT

I worked at Sports Authority as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They worked around my school schedule. Most of my coworkers were reliable ad worked their fair share. Hard work was somewhat rewarded.

Cons

They treated me like I was a screw-up, and as though I and my coworkers were going to fail. They promised hours, and pay, that we never received. They weren't very understanding.

Advice to Management

Drop the condescension, and stick with your promises. If you hire me, respect me. If you offer a job, provide it.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

"When will the sale be completed/"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have a job to support my family. For now.
    Cost plus 10% days (which brings the price down to what you would pay at Walmart but hey, we appreciate your hard work!)

Cons

where to start?
    Scheduling to minimum hours=management only works 32 hours a week...nice paycut!
    Part time staff, which is supposed to be 60% of the workforce, gets 10 hrs a week
    Part time staff makes minumum wage with a chance at a raise once a year....for 17 cents Per Hour
    Company is doing so poorly that stores that would have been on action plans in the past are top performers....gotta love the bell curve!
    New Small store format? at the rate we are going, all stores will have the sales of a small store format
    seasonal directives are changed daily
     4 updates to outdoors in a two week period? and no clue as to what goes where?
    Work load goes up, hours available to complete mandated changes to store layout are no longer available. (minimum hours required regardless of tasking required) and dont forget corporate visitors!
    CEI expectation is that 71% of the customers surveyed must be "highly satisfied" and mention names on the survey. ? 71% of the customers never see an associate except the cashier in most stores.
    most comments left from customers are " couldnt find anyone on the floor,( nobody scheduled) couldnt find anyone to open fitting rooms, couldnt find what i was looking for (because it is in the backroom)

Loyalty signups expected to be at a minimum 35% conversion......if below you need to have "conversations with your underperformers", run clinics, doesnt matter if the day before you ran a 50%, hey, the cashiers are running the store from the frontend while the managers are working frieght. too much room for fraud..asset protection is looking for loyalty abuse rather than stopping that guy who just ran out the front doors with an arm full of North Face and Nike shoes

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. they are frustrated and out looking for a different job.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Cashier in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just a basic retail job. Good management.

Cons

Pay isn't that great, just a basic retail job