Sports Authority - Asset Protection Dept promises a lot but do not come through with promises. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"Asset Protection Dept promises a lot but do not come through with promises."

Current Employee - Asset Protection Area Agent in Calumet City, IL
Current Employee - Asset Protection Area Agent in Calumet City, IL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The discount, benefits are great

Cons

Upper management is inconsisant and there is no training

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

"All they care about is numbers."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Authority in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about Sports Authority is the amazing discount at the store, and the abaility to use the website 3point5.com. If you are good a sales you can get a quick promotion.

Cons

The company only cares about SCALES, and SA promoter. These systems are very flawed. A lot of managers cheat at scales, and SA promoter is flawed because a customer isn't going to get an acurate shopping experience. They will more talk about items that aren't stocked at the store, or the fact that the store sold out of something. They will complain about store that the store can't control. Your store could be great at customer service, but have a horrible SA promoter score. Upper Managerment doesn't care about the employees only about SCALES.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, stop threating to fire your workers for missing ECPs.

"Hell on Earth"

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are really no pros to working here except the store discount.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work and they treat their employees like scum. It honestly makes me sad to see what they do to people - good honest hard working people. Management is a joke and all over the place, also super high turnover rate for management because once they get in, they can't wait to get out (for the whole company really). If you work here get ready for lots of rework! Their creative direction is laughable. Zero opportunity for advancement, the whole company is 10 years behind where they should be, management is clicky - (they literally only say "hello" to the few people they like, instead of a major corporate company think more high school). Everyday I worked here I felt my brain turning to mush little by little. My creativity went to crap and forget about any portfolio pieces. Stay as far away from this company as possible.

Advice to Management

Bring in people who have any ability to direct/manage creative. Bring in people with digital experience and who have actually worked on a website.