Sports Authority - Very good yet incredibly boring. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"Very good yet incredibly boring."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working in Team Sports, loved helping customers and being able to use my sports knowledge in an effort to help customers. They dont ask much from associates other than to simply approach customers and at least try and make some sales, which is not terribly difficult when people are mindlessly staring at random products. Loved the benefits of working there, good hours, great managers.

Cons

Incredibly boring when no.customers are present. Often spent my time playing street hockey in the aisles or bouncing tennis balls for hours. Had a 36 hour sale once and had three customers come in.

Advice to Management

Market better.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

1. "Busy at times, but lots of walking around aimlessly"

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with co-workers. Fun environment if you enjoy any of the products that sports authority sells

Cons

Time off must be requested via computer system, many store managers creates difficulty and miscommunication

Advice to Management

Better connection between store managers...each manager seemed to have a different idea and vision of the store. Makes it difficult for employees to go extra-mile or put forth best effort when not sure what to do

2. "Company only cares about loyalty program, sa promoter,eclipse, aos and cares not about employees or customers."

Current Employee - Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits aren't bad pay ok

Cons

Loyalty program is causing good employees to make up emails in order to have a good percentage so they get hours. No hours for payroll but they expect you to run projects, do moves, get numbers, help customers, run sales floor, and manage store with 3 ppl every day. 3 in am 3 in pm. No hours to help customers cause they expect unacheivable goals to be met. No training for associates no product to sell in store, they want us to sell items online more then in store.

Advice to Management

Give stores payroll to have cashier at all times and 3 sales ppl plus manager. Even hiring an $8 hr cashier for 20 hours a week would be a start. Stop paying bonuses to dms and vps who don't co tribute to sales. Pay ppl who are actually working and dont get weekends off and Thanksgiving. Yea sending Happy Holidays emails and telling us to enjoy time with family is impossible when we are working late nights, early mornings, weekends, and yea HOLIDAYS... as your all being with family we are working. Get a Clue