Sports Authority - I worked at sports authority for a month and wow what a waste of my time. HORRIBLE place to work at! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"I worked at sports authority for a month and wow what a waste of my time. HORRIBLE place to work at!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sports Authority part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees were actually really friendly, get paid one dollar more than minimum wage job, able to move up to management,

Cons

Management was a joke, old as hell registers, horrid 1st day training,rewards cards were a hassle.

Advice to Management

How about you actually train your employees! AND stop getting on employees butt about the rewards cards! We all know that if you get more rewards cards registered YOU managers get huge BONUSES

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

"Loyal and competitive within their competition and throughout the retail market."

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New CEO who I finally feel "gets it" in this competitive industry. Great first job and always an opportunity to move up within the company. Great employee discount, cost +15% from what Sports Authority pays for the product.

Cons

Biggest challenge I have noticed being in management with Sports Authority. Payroll always is an issue, employee turnover rate has never been very good. The most successful and pleasurable store managers to work for, are younger! 30-40's. The older generation of retail store managers have to go. I have worked with Sports Authority for 8 years and this seems to be more and more visible throughout the years.

Advice to Management

It really goes further than direct department and store management. It starts with the district manager, he at the end of the day has the most say in who and where your managers end up. Unless Sports Authority as a whole learns how to train and develop more young people throughout the company things will never change. Like any company their are alot of political aspects in alot of personal decisions. Which quickly shows throughout the associates and the stores productivity, good, bad or in different.

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Fitness Sales Associate in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Fitness Sales Associate in Exton, PA

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dealing with people and selling what you know about

Cons

hours were terrible and there were no benefits