Sports Authority - Great for those content on not growing with an organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

"Great for those content on not growing with an organization"

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader
Current Employee - Operations Team Leader

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Atmosphere is great. The employee discount is amazing.

Cons

Customers can scream and spit at you and the company will always take their side. Store Management is not always on the same page and some managers shouldn't be "managers" they lack the skill set to be an effective leader. Advancement is almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Retail is not easy and finding great employees is hard. Find ways to motivate your employees. Define your return policy. There have been too many occasions when we follow the return policy but a customer gets upset and upper management takes back a non-returnable item. It makes the store level employees look like idiots.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority

"Team Leader Merch/Visual (Store Management)"

Current Employee - Team Leader Merch/Visual (Store Management) in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy helping and educating people.

Cons

The culture of salaried employee are replaceable, little value

Advice to Management

treat people fair and with respect. Treat them like they count and are important to the company.

2. "Fun place to work!"

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great service atmosphere for customers and employees, great discount and a decent balance between work and home, especially considering its retail! Managers are supportive and helpful and seem to always be vested in their employees success.

Cons

Pleasing customers, having the right product, maintaining the store and going through corporate visits!

Advice to Management

As a whole, I think the managers do a good job running the store while also trying to keep both customers and employees happy. And that can be very challenging in a retail environment. I'd say some advice to corporate is to get a more updated computer system and a better online warehouse!