Sports Direct - Casual sales assistant L2 | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct

"Casual sales assistant L2"

Current Employee - Casual Sales Zero Hour in Liverpool, England (UK)
Current Employee - Casual Sales Zero Hour in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all horrible company

Cons

No training at all, no breaks, chav staff, rude customers,uniform to small or big, dangerous environment, very bad hours, not paid on time or short paid, no trust in staff cameras even in toilets! Rota changed with no notice at all. AVOID THIS PLACE A JOB ANYWHERE ELSE WOULD BE BETTER

Advice to Management

Get new management immediately and treat the staff like human beings. At least 2 full days training and product knowledge with monthly extra training. If things carry on the way they are this store will go very soon. Also stop banging on about bags for life and insoles, Mike is a billionaire so its not like it matters people shop there because its cheap and there on benefits etc so as if they want to be pushed to buy unwanted crap. Like I said I've never worked in such a bad retail enviroment, its the blind leading the blind.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Direct

1. "First job after school"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As it was my first job, and i was still at school, I was given flexible working hours around my school work.

Cons

Terrible pay, and often kept after shift was over if the work wasnt completed, but this would be unpaid. Very little training offered.

Advice to Management

More training should be offered.

2. "Broken promises and bad management."

Current Employee - Sale Assistant in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sale Assistant in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wage is ok and the store has a good reputation/ cheap prices. 15% discount for employees.

Cons

I was offered time and a third for working Sundays and told I would get paid for working over time. This did not happen as my co-workers and I were made to sign a second contract and were rushed to do so. The management do not treat the employees well and there is little to no chance of promotion. The shutters are closed at closing time and the employees are made to stay behind and clean the store without pay for overtime. Shifts and working hours change often.

Advice to Management

Attempt to create a team spirit or some sort of pleasant working environment rather than putting a heavy work load on a disgruntled, unhappy workforce.