Sports Direct - Zero hour contract the problem | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct

"Zero hour contract the problem"

Former Contractor - Casual Sales Assistant in Bury, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

No chance of company going bust, friendly people.

Cons

zero hour contracts make it a pressured environment. Have to constantly upsell the dam bag.Customers aren't the best. Received a lot of abuse, store wasn't really that organised

Advice to Management

Get rid of zero hour contracts. They are awful. Try and create a more friendly atmosphere. No team building whatsoever so it was very every man for himself.

Other Employee Reviews for Sports Direct

1. "Your treated like a slave. You're not treated with any respect what so ever and left to feel very dis valued."

Pros

I did meet a handful of very good people i now consider my friends but other than that there isn't a thing i would say is a 'pro' about working at Sports Direct.

Cons

I don't think the store is run efficiently enough. Very unorganized. Nor do i think the level of English being spoke is good enough. I use to have customers coming up to me constantly everyday asking if i'm English and that no one understands them when asking where something is.

Advice to Management

Absolutely disgraceful. My old manager(s) use to take advantage of their position and favor certain employee's and give them more hours than other employee's. Treated like dirt.
    They was quick enough to pick you out for a little mistake but never praise you for the good work i felt i did on the shop floor dealing with angry customers because the level of English was a major barrier or because the amount of staff on duty wasn't good enough.

2. "Worse company ever"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The only decent thing was the other people were nice and a made some friends. But that really does not out weigh the cons.

Cons

Everything. Management was pervy and sleazy and just disgusting. Perved on customers and the workers. I was quite young when I worked there so I really didn't know how to handle the situation. Made you stay way past your shift without paying you. Treated you really bad, couldn't even speak to your co-workers. Just a disgraceful company. I would never ever tell anyone to apply there. The pay isn't even worth it, esp if you are under 18.

Advice to Management

From what I see when I go into the store, its still the same, workers looked stress and unhappy. Managers need to be trained better and not take advantage of young staff. Also the pay is rubbish so that should be fixed. And clothes are hung too high up.