SpotOn - What are they thinking???? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SpotOn

"What are they thinking????"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at SpotOn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales reps can work out of their homes

Cons

They provide a $120 tablet (wholesale) programmed and lease it for $40 per month. Little or no value to the merchant, since it does not work well. A paper punch card is far easier too use and far more cost effective to develop customer loyalty. Have not met a single merchant made any money (in terms of net profits) from it.

Advice to Management

Use real commercial scanners that cost a few dollars more so it does not take 5 minutes to scan a key fob. Train your employees on trouble shooting hardware so they don't learn talking to tech support in front of the customer .

Other Employee Reviews for SpotOn

1. "just started"

I have been working at SpotOn full-time

Pros

commission and bonuses every day. I just started so I don't have to much experience yet I hope to learn a lot here.

Cons

Any sales position is hard. you have people who wont even listen to what your trying to sell. it can be annoying.

Advice to Management

I don't really have much to say on this because I have not worked here very long. so far everyone have been very helpful.

2. "Rapidly Growing Startup!"

I have been working at SpotOn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great winning environment, with great leadership, and a positive attitude! SpotOn's relocation to the heart of San Francisco's Financial District signals it's commitment to future investment and growth! Whether it's working at HQ, or coming on board as a Sales Partner, just know that SpotOn is a rapidly growing startup that believes in helping small to medium size businesses grow! That is one of the major reasons why I joined, and haven't looked back since!

Cons

Being that HQ is located in the Financial District, commuting by your own personal vehicle might not be the best idea, due to the high cost of parking. But if you don't mind riding public transportation, they do offer generous commuter benefits.

SpotOn Response

Jul 20, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on working here at SpotOn. It's an exciting time to be apart of SpotOn. Due to our great products / services, vision / go-to-market... More