Spring Communications - Wonderfull co workers, minus the upper management. Bad customer service practices. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spring Communications

"Wonderfull co workers, minus the upper management. Bad customer service practices."

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant, Store Manager in Ogden, UT
Former Employee - Wireless Consultant, Store Manager in Ogden, UT

Pros

I have had some great co workers with this company that made it a lot of fun coming to work.

Cons

The pay is poor compared to other cell phone sales companies. Upper management does not base decisions off what is good for the customer or employee, but what will put more money in their pockets. The sales techniques that are taught and recommended from upper management are very shady and show a lack of standards. Much of upper management sees all employees as disposable; keeping long term employees does not seem like much of a goal to the company.
Basically, the compensation is less than other companies, the management style involves being two faced and being shady, and the most you can advance in the company is to a store manager, unless you want to stay with the company for 10+ years then there's the possibility of going to a regional director.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the grunts of the company have to say about their managers and regional directors. Restore the focus to the customer instead of money and that will make customer's more likely to become a returning customer which will generate more profit long term, instead of promoting the use of misleading customer's into spending money they dont want to on items they dont even want or need. Hiding costs and lying to the customer about the cost shows pretty poor customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for Spring Communications

1. "Logistics Manager"

I worked at Spring Communications full-time

Pros

Great people, great company. good teams

Cons

I have no cons from my time with Spring

2. "Best job I ever had, until 1st quarter 2017. Now the company is being gutted and don't know if it will recover."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Worcester, MA

I worked at Spring Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It used to be:

-great money
    -great coworkers
    -great culture
    -time flew by and didn't mind staying late
    -great benefits and incentives
    -regular trainings
    -lots of potential for growth..........so I thought

Cons

All of the above took a sudden turn in 2017

-severely understaffed. Right next door there was a verizon, t-mobile, and sprint.
    All corporate locations with headcounts of 9+. My store has a head count of 3 including me.(laughable)

-pay was decreased

-achieving metrics and goals became increasingly harder, for less pay

-started getting nickel and dimed in every area

-began to get chargebacks for everything, it would be listed as lump sum, good luck trying to find out the specifics of what they were for.

-mistakes were made on the metric scorecard 3 months in a row, when I tried to fight for my money owed to me I basically got a too bad or too late. (this is funny because we must all recite the mission which is "to make our employees and customers genuinely happy")

-over 40% of the new england region quit or was fired.

-employee morale has turned pretty negative and is spreading like a cancer

-sincere integrity has turned into a cut throat sales job, whether its customers of fellow co workers(at least this has been experience, in my region)

Advice to Management

I understand the need to show a profit so the shareholders don't bail out. It seems all these cuts were necessary because the company is in a do or die situation. But as we can plainly see, there are a lot of pitfalls to this.

Maybe Tech Brands/Spring Mobile could have done a corporate spin-off or privatized shares.

I hope everything does work out for the best.
    The mission, vision, pledge, and S factors are the foundation of Spring, but currently that foundation is starting to crumble. This must be fixed first.