Sprint - Excellent place to work: great work life balance and benefits- but compensation inferior and career growth stagnant | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

"Excellent place to work: great work life balance and benefits- but compensation inferior and career growth stagnant"

Current Employee - Business Inside Sales Account Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and team work; great benefits, and perks for employee and family. Management is always running contests for cash awards or time off, and providing lunch. Treat employees very well.

Cons

Compensation is low and limited commissions. Stressful job for little pay-too much micro-managing affecting moral. Advancement is not likely. To make more money you'll have to leave the company. As a result, high turnover.

Advice to Management

Learn to be leaders and train your own sales people instead of passing the responsibility onto their co-workers. We don't get paid to manage or train your team. Rolling over the prior months negative goal shortage to th following month is simply a way to reduce pay. In all my years of sales, I've never encountered this in my life. Sales people have enough emotional and financial stress without the company adding to it. Our bills don''t get met if we don't make enough sales. Sales people don't need the added pressure. The environment is not sales oriented. In my previous career, which I plan to go back to, I'd make 2k per sale, close 5 deals per month, have my freedom, and a matching 401k. And Sprint stresses me out over a $135 commission per sale. In comparison, it's out of balance. Pay people better, and you won't need to pressure your sales team to close deals. The money is the motivtor. Pay $350 per deal, and I guarantee your sales will go up.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "Dead end Job with no real growth potential"

Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Free Cell service is pretty much it.

Cons

Turnover is extremely high and nothing is really inspiring about the position.

2. "I was there for a long time with very limited growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

- Benefits
    - Some good people
    - Nice campus

Cons

- Limited growth opportunities
    - Risk averse management

Advice to Management

- It would be good to take some calculated risks
    - Wireless is a rapid and ever changing dynamic world, and you need to be nimble to compete