Sprint - Thank you, Sprint. | Glassdoor

"Thank you, Sprint."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, team based relationship if you get in a solid store, room to grow even without a college degree. Reasonable pay for a straight out of college job, with fantastic benefits and perks as well, and a reasonable compensation package.

Cons

Retail hours, plus you know... working with the general public. Actually honestly that's not even that bad, it gives you a great opportunity to grow your personal network and make some great new contacts, quickly.

It is a competitive environment, if you aren't ready to get into that it's not the job for you...

Advice to Management

Upper management should have more direct channels in which to communicate with sales staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "What was I thinking?"

Former Employee - Service and Repair Technician (Corporate) in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Service and Repair Technician (Corporate) in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sprint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, Employee phone plan

Cons

POOR MANAGEMENT, Poor co-workers, poor training, and disorganized

Advice to Management

Sprint has one of the best employee rate plans out their and the benefits for part time workers are phenomenal. However, if you are working for Sprint, your experience may vary depending on who your management team is. The Sprint store I worked at was not an enjoyable experience.The hardest part of the job was management, second was co-workers. The management team (which consists of 1 store manager and 2 assistants) was very petty, self righteous, messy, and whiny (all except one assist. manag). They expect their employees to succeed but when they turn the corner, they talk about them bad to someone else, all the time. I witnessed this as they would talk to me bad about someone else...If they talk about them you know they talked about me. They treated their employees like children and became mad when they acted as such. My former boss hired people he felt he could control.

The employees were a mess themselves, they did not care about there customers and would curse on the floor while customers were present. Management hate to talk to customers and in most cases, treated the customer like they were the enemy. Service and repair techs did not have all the necessary tools to succeed and only two of the techs were customer friendly. They picked a lead tech who willingly admits in team meetings that he does not care about the customers.

The employees did not like to clean behind themselves and they complained and whined too much as well.

Sprint does not have a well organized research portal to find good information and their retail management systems are out of date and not user friendly.

Their training can approve my doing away with virtual training for the techs and have classroom/hand on training for the repair of phones. Tech should not learn how to repair phones by watching a tech that has only been working there 5 months and does not follow the correct procedures.

Sales reps quotas did not fluctuate even when traffic could be low.

Techs will have an accessory quota so the store can meet their goals but will not receive commission. When you look at the metrics accessories do not appear.

This was just my store experience at the Sprint Corporate store in Memphis, TN. Not all store experience this...Mostly everyone is happy to relocate to another store from this one. Turn over rate at this store is high!

On the positive side, most times, management will try to work with your schedule.

2. "Very high pressure from constantly being told we are expendable."

Current Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good bonus payouts for various stats met

Cons

The atmosphere is high stress. From day one they warn you that your job is not guaranteed. You may be let go for any reason even if your new supervisor just does not like you for the way you look.

Advice to Management

Do not constantly tell the employees they can be replaced as easily as they are hired . It causes poor work report. It makes stress where it is not necessary. People work better with security than threats of non job security.