Sprint - It depends on you | Glassdoor

"It depends on you"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting paid three times a month is helpful, my store was very understanding to my school schedule

Cons

Unattainable sales quotas, INCONSITANT COMPANY!!! Customer would be told one thing over the phone then we would have to tell them something totally different. Managers only worried about the numbers and not the actual employee

Advice to Management

Work Life Balance is a must I am not a Sprint Rep when I leave the store meetings on Friday are a hinderance if I do not have to work that day. Quotas need to be in accordance with your area, and just not generated for only revenue but to be made attainable for the sales in that are. Managers need to be chosen on overall management skills NOT JUST SALES many managers knew how to either just sales the product or how to deal with customers a good manager needs to know how to do both!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "Mixed bag - proceed with caution"

Former Employee - RF Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - RF Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary very competitive, and advancement opportunities were great prior to the merger.

Cons

Atmosphere during/post merger was very tense, with Sprint's corporate approach clashing terribly with Nextel's positive, pro-employee (and pro-customer) policies. Nextel employees were assured there were adequate opportunities for all to remain and grow, but the massive layoffs began just 18 months later.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying predominantly about stock price and ROI, and focus on the customer experience (as Nextel did so well). If the customers are happy and the product is good (the latter is fairly true currently), the profits will follow.

2. "hmm."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Park City, UT

I have been working at Sprint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very easy-going and laid back. Easy to get other things done on a computer while at work like classes or studies.

Cons

pay, salary, pretty much everything else is a con.