Sprint - An experience but not a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

"An experience but not a career"

Former Employee - Technical Service Consultant in Elk Grove, CA
Former Employee - Technical Service Consultant in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with a lot of people that are talented in sales. Able to make long lasting friends/family. Learn the ropes of retail sales and customer service

Cons

Glass ceiling as a technical consultant. Not much room to move up in retail. Very few openings in the corporate sector of Sprint because their HQ is in Overland Park, Kansas

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "Love the company, hate the structure of the position"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sprint is in my opinion the best cell phone company out there. Cheapest plan, and 2nd best coverage. They strive on simplicity for their clientele which in turn takes a load off your shoulders. Some providers really are complex. They have so many details and constant change in plans which can be so frustrating for customers and employess. sprint is not like that.

Cons

They focus on customer satisfaction scores the wrong way. You get a huge commission if your STORE as a TEAM reaches a certain percentage to goal. I believe you should recieve your commission on your work and your work alone. I dont want to lose $330 because my team members brought the score down with their unsatisfied scores, and my VERY satisfied scores. Also, the location I was at did not take into consideration to outside factors. Our payment machine was always broken. Hadn't been replaced in years. Frustrated customers =bad CSAT(customer satisfaction). Understaffed which led to frustrated customers that were waiting for extended periods of time. BAD CSAT. They took the technicians out of our store and the closest was 20 min away. Having to tell an already frustrated customer that they have to drive to a different location after waiting for 30 min is bad business. BAD CSAT. They took the chairs away from the customers. The district manager did not believe in the sales associates sitting down ( even though the stations were made for desks. Without, led to a very uncomfortable work day) However, the even took away the chairs on the OUTSIDE of our stations for the customers to sit down at. Anyone that came into our store was used to the wait (due to being understaffed), so then expecting them to stand through a long cell phone sale/activation, when most of the time just got off work, and just want to relax, was absolutely insane. If somone disable came in, we would have to scrounge up a chair from waiting area usually (if they were available) and they would be seated at an awkwardly low level, while I towered over them in my high rise desk and could barely see the top of there head. Never make a customer feel uncomfortable. BAD CSAT. Sore legs. BAD CSAT. Or just your every day run of the mill folks that hate Sprint, so they judge YOU on the things you cant control. BAD CSAT. But hey, that's just one day in the life of a sales associate at sprint. You choose your poison.

Advice to Management

Don't take a management position ecpecting to advance in the corporate world. It wont happen. They are all blankety blanks that didnt WORK their way up the corporate ladder...they fell into the position with no experience.

2. "Not the Best Workplace"

Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TV Screens in Call Center to keep up with sports scores

Cons

The company operates on a points system for attendance

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee feedback