Sprint - Long Time Employee -- Good Place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

"Long Time Employee -- Good Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company over 15 years and my career has significantly progressed during that time. In general, the company treats its people well (pay, salary, benefits, work/life balance, time off, etc.). Telecom is truly a dynamic, exciting space that's an integral part of everyone's lives.

Cons

A LOT depends upon the group you work in. Right now, the company is facing a challenging battle in the marketplace. Often times, direction can change on a dime and that can create challenges.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "The Dollar and Stats are more important than having Dedicated Sprint Employees."

Current Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, vacation and commission. Coworkers WERE caring and smart. At least, there was a severance package for center.

Cons

Layoffs! Took 20 years to go from $7.00 to $18.00. After years of dedicated service now we cost too much and it's time to outsource overseas or to a cheap vendor site.

Advice to Management

Care more about the long time dedicated Sprint employees instead of the performance and cost of the departments. Give more advance notice before the layoffs and try to get more qualified employees transferred to another department within Sprint.

2. "Lots of autonomy, but limited advancement"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Most of my experience with management has been great. Lots of training opportunities. Most corporate employees have the flexibility to work remotely. Great benefits.

Cons

Severe lack of teamwork, both within divisions and across divisions. Ongoing, large scale layoffs across most divisions has lead to very low moral and very limited advancement opportunities. Little focus on doing what's best for the customer, more of a focus on increasing the bottom line at all costs.