Sprint - Good place to work if you can avoid being selected for the yearly layoffs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

"Good place to work if you can avoid being selected for the yearly layoffs."

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment and the option to work remote in several positions. Free phone service for employee and heavy discount for family. Training is good if you choose to take advantage of it. In some departments there are many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

During the 10 years I worked there, we had to worry about layoffs almost every year. Very difficult to get a a decent raise in pay, even with good performance reviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "Too many cooks in the kitchen. Policy changes weekly. Company leadership seems lost."

Pros

Pay is alright. No monthly phone bill. Insurance is effective immediately. Free work shirts. Paid time off. Air conditioning.

Cons

Corporate is always coming up with ways to pay you less. Raise every two years if you are lucky. No more yearly upgrades.

Advice to Management

Get customer service under control. Last thing I want to hear is a customer say 'I just got off the phone with customer care'. Literally NO communication of policies to customer care representatives.

2. "Lots of autonomy, but limited advancement"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Most of my experience with management has been great. Lots of training opportunities. Most corporate employees have the flexibility to work remotely. Great benefits.

Cons

Severe lack of teamwork, both within divisions and across divisions. Ongoing, large scale layoffs across most divisions has lead to very low moral and very limited advancement opportunities. Little focus on doing what's best for the customer, more of a focus on increasing the bottom line at all costs.