Sprint - An outstanding 17 year experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

"An outstanding 17 year experience."

Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

Cons

When they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. "Sprint"

Current Employee - Business Customer Service and Technical in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Customer Service and Technical in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many different departments in the company. Depending on your personal work ethic and schedule needs, there is a department for everyone.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth unless you do not mind staying in same position for 5 or more years or being an expert brown noser. WHo more than what you know will help you to get ahead. I had a lady in my training class that bypassed the year in a position before moving up go to a supervisor role a few months out of training. Raises are few and far between. Over worked at the moment.

Advice to Management

Shake up the management so that there is less favoritism on the job. Too many employees comfortable getting away with breaking policies under current management.

2. "Great benefits, poor upper management, poor network causing issues"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- health benefits
    - free phone
    - education assistance
    - 401k
    - love the immediate people I work with
    - paid time off, holidays, sick time

Cons

- Poor upper management
    - focuses change every week
    - poor cross channel communication
    - management do not understand the difficulties of dealing with customer facing complaints
    - management don't care about work life balance

Advice to Management

Network improvements are a must. Make up your mind with changes and stick with it. I understand the "please excuse the dust" excuse but I've been with the company for over ten years. Even I'm tired of the excuses, imagine the customers. Honestly, stop wasting money on endorsements and silly commercials on a network of the future and utilize it to ACTUALLY improve the network. You know how Sprint is quick to respond to customers issues on social media? Why are they not quick to respond to employee suggestions?