Sprout Social - Care Deeply | Glassdoor
  1. "Care Deeply"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sprout practices what they preach. When you read the Sprout Values on the website and posted throughout the office, those are actually the attributes and actions that teams care about and strive to achieve. When I think about why I love coming to Sprout's office every day, it comes down to knowing that I have a team of people rooting for me to succeed. Sprout cares about its customers and employees, and that changes everything.

Cons

Sprout is growing right now, which leads to necessary changes. That can be a positive or negative depending on how you view it, or who you have in leadership. While some may not enjoy that process of change, we're fortunate at Sprout to have great management who prioritize identifying business, employee and customer needs and determining what needs to be done to meet our goals. When change is made, it's done thoughtfully.

Sprout Social2019-10-04

Sprout Social Response

January 7, 2020Chief People Officer

Keeping up with our rapid growth presents its own challenges, but honing in on what we need to do to reach our goals is our biggest priority. Thanks to team members like yourself, we continue to accomplish what we%E2%80%99ve set out to do despite these growing pains. Our values keep us focused on what matters most and we wouldn%E2%80%99t be where we are today without our dedicated team%E2%80%94thanks for sharing your experience!-Maureen

Continue reading
  1. "Sprout supports bringing your whole self to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The most impressive and admirable part of Sprout's culture is its emphasis on creating an open and inviting workspace for all individuals. Lots of companies preach the important of DEI, but few invest in it as actively as Sprout does. It is clear that Sprout believes that individuals will perform their best work if they are able to truly be themselves in a work environment without fear of judgment or repercussions. The company invests in its people through various types of trainings, access to external resources, a focus on business resource groups and emphasizing the importance of taking care of your mental/physical health first and foremost. I fully believe that Sprout's success as a business is in large part due to how deeply it cares about its employees.

Cons

There are growing pains, which is to be expected for a company at this stage. Cross-department communication remains a challenge, and it is becoming more challenging each day to have insight into how large decisions are made. It isn't that the company is trying to be less transparent; rather, it is that as teams get larger, they become more siloed. This creates issues with more complex projects.

Sprout Social2020-02-12

"I have never been more excited about working for Sprout Social"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- I love our customer support team even more than our customers do - Parental leave benefits have been improved to 16 weeks regardless of primary or secondary caregiver designation - Incredibly talented and passionate coworkers - Very bright future - Great work life balance - Well-supported Diversity Equity and Inclusion initiatives - Improving workplace empathy, generosity, feedback, growth and camaraderie - Lots of opportunity for career growth or specialization for those who thrive with more singular focus - Core values are admirable and ambitious - Savvy PMs who have strong product knowledge, help triage issues, and can even provide insight and guidance for feature work

Cons

- Projects across teams are sometimes painful, but this an understood area for improvement within the company. - The wide variety of ways that our customers use our application can cause some projects to have a long tail of feature refinement and revision which can feel less rewarding than net new work. - Balancing the demands of technical debt and feature work has been difficult. - Some teams feel understaffed in relation to the outsized usage and visibility of the features that they develop and maintain. This is especially true when it comes to the support rotation. - Relationships between teams could be better. Years of specialized product focus has caused us to grow further apart than the crazy days when there was 1 team for everything.

Continue reading
    Sprout Social2020-01-25

Discover more reviews about Sprout Social.