Sprout Social - Sprout supports bringing your whole self to work | Glassdoor

"Sprout supports bringing your whole self to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The most impressive and admirable part of Sprout's culture is its emphasis on creating an open and inviting workspace for all individuals. Lots of companies preach the important of DEI, but few invest in it as actively as Sprout does. It is clear that Sprout believes that individuals will perform their best work if they are able to truly be themselves in a work environment without fear of judgment or repercussions. The company invests in its people through various types of trainings, access to external resources, a focus on business resource groups and emphasizing the importance of taking care of your mental/physical health first and foremost. I fully believe that Sprout's success as a business is in large part due to how deeply it cares about its employees.

Cons

There are growing pains, which is to be expected for a company at this stage. Cross-department communication remains a challenge, and it is becoming more challenging each day to have insight into how large decisions are made. It isn't that the company is trying to be less transparent; rather, it is that as teams get larger, they become more siloed. This creates issues with more complex projects.

Sprout Social2020-02-12
  1. "A company that truly cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

"Care Deeply" is one of Sprout's values and the phrase truly encapsulates the company, culture and team. We've gone through a ton of change over the years - by nature of being a fast-growing company rooted in social media - but the things that make the company great have never wavered. The company's commitment to its employees is clear. There are the tangible things: a generous parental leave, free lunches/snacks, fun events, high quality tech etc. But what makes Sprout special are the things that can't be captured in a bulleted list or stock photos. People are treated with respect, feedback is acted upon and the impact on employees is considered in every decision Sprout makes. While Sprout isn't perfect, working here feels like a collaborative, fun and human experience. I'm proud and energized to work at Sprout.

Cons

The team is very thoughtful and that can sometimes lead to over-thinking or over-complicating process or initiatives.

Sprout Social2020-04-08
  2. "There is no such thing as a perfect company, but Sprout comes awfully close!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sprout cares about its employees, and it shows. I am able to be my true self here, and people care about one another. Our leadership team is open and transparent and Sprout is a company that lives and breathes it’s core values. There is a strong emphasis placed on balancing life with work, even in the midst of a global pandemic when there are so many things for companies to worry about - our leadership team wants to ensure everyone is taking care of themselves and families first. The best thing about Sprout will always be the people who make this place so special!

Cons

As I said, there’s no such thing as a perfect company but Sprout comes awfully close. That said, being in a 100% customer-facing role I have my rough days, but I never feel like I’m alone or can’t ask someone for advice/help.

Continue reading
    Sprout Social2020-04-06

Discover more reviews about Sprout Social.