Sprouts Farmers Market - decent part time gig | Glassdoor

"decent part time gig"

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

consistent hours, employee discount, somewhat flexible scheduling, down to earth management, occasional free lunches, easy to switch departments, nice crowd.

Cons

comparatively low wages, demanding workloads, more responsibilities does not equate to pay raises, involuntary department switching.

Advice to Management

i would suggest that management pay more attention to the individual contributions of an employee. my biggest qualm with sprouts (besides it aptness to pay me $9/hr in spite of working three departments and being the most efficient cashier in the store) was that i was forced to pick of the slack of fellow employees who made the same if not more than me. sprouts also has an annoying tendency to move inefficient workers to the front end whilst simultaneously short staffing it. for the amount of slack that i picked up in my time at sprouts, i felt the wages were pretty inadequate. on the bright side, chances are your fellow employees will be college-aged youngsters though so the atmosphere is definitely pretty comfortable for young people. that seems to be who they are most likely to hire as it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

1. "Awesome job at a great company"

Former Employee - Courtest Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Courtest Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great first job and could go more again

Cons

long hours and the uniforms were green!

Advice to Management

more pay

2. "Not good"

Pros

Cant think of much since they changed from Henry's.

Cons

The pay sucks to start off with you only get one tiny raise a year. You work too hard for the pay you get. Most positions are part time unless you get into management.