Employee Review

Current Employee

Sprouts

Jan 5, 2021 - Part Time Cashier in Glendora, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice discount, good starting pay.

Cons

perfect stores do not exist

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Produce

Dec 15, 2020 - Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and great benefit

Cons

Hours are hard to come by

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent Company to work for

May 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sprouts was a great company to work for in terms of community relationships and marketability. I loved the message the company created about health and community values, and it was very easy for me to represent a company like that at the retail/customer service level. I had great relationships with coworkers, managers and recurrent customers, and the store I was in facilitated that very easily.

Cons

The pay was terrible, even though I was expected to both upsell items in my department, as well as disseminate years-worth of specific, scientific and detailed product knowledge to customers. The standards of education and propriety were absolutely ridiculous given I was working a minimum-wage role in a grocery store. Besides this, I experienced numerous occasions of verbal and emotional abuse from one manager while I was a clerk. She was my manager for roughly 1.5 years before being relocated to another location. My three subsequent managers were wonderful. I voiced my experience to a Regional Trainer who was empathetic and informed me that this Manager would be corrected; this Manager's behavior did not change, despite my continued attempts to fit her (not necessarily the store's) standards. This experience was terrible, contributed to personal mental health issues, and represented a severe lack in management of employees who are otherwise extremely loyal and willing to work a low-paying job because of the values the company seemingly embodies.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Sprouts Farmers Market.