Spry Health - Great place to learn, grow, and be inspired! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to learn, grow, and be inspired!"

Current Intern - People Operations Intern

I have been working at Spry Health for less than a year

Pros

Interns at Spry are as valued and respected as any full-time employee. The culture surrounds the idea that experience and age are not determinants of good ideas, inviting any and all employees to speak up, give feedback, and explore projects that they believe to be important. I always receive ample one on one time with my manager and the CEO when I asked for it, and all of my coworkers are eager to help me in... whatever capacity they are able to. They are always teaching one another, not just about company related materials, but because the team is full of interesting and passionate people with really cool hobbies! People are extremely dedicated to their roles and our mission while still being silly and having lives outside of work. Overall, it has been an incredibly positive experience!

Cons

Some might be overwhelmed with the freedom that you have as an intern. No one will manage your time, so if you don't, you will end up wasting it.

Spry Health2019-08-21

Other Employee Reviews

"Flexibility to design projects from scratch"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Spry Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Office snacks - Office close to Caltrain station and downtown Palo Alto - I've had the opportunity to work on things that impact and design them from scratch - Management is open to feedback - Makes me feel good about my job because it has a positive impact on the world - Very open culture - Unlimited vacation

Cons

- Long hours sometimes - Home office is not an option

Spry Health2019-03-01
  2. "Great cause, great leadership, great atmosphere."

Current Employee - Principal Algorithms Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Spry Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Spry has been a really special place to work for the past few years. I wasn't really thinking about the leadership or culture of companies when I was in my last job search, but I've learned from comparing my experience at Spry against friends at other places just how important these qualities are. The founders here do a great job of investing in the people on the team, because that brings out the best energy and... quality in the work they do. People are committed to doing a solid job on their work, and feel a lot of ownership for what they are doing. As part of the team, I feel I have a lot of respect and space to ask for things, ranging from snacks to company events to time for side projects. Within the technical team, I'm pretty proud of our culture of respectful debate. Our CTO does a great job of challenging peoples' ideas, not to be argumentative or to show that he's right, but to help strengthen the idea and find the best path forwards. I think it's something we all try to emulate, and we're all learning from each other. I've gotten a lot of coaching from both the CEO and CTO on leadership, communication, relationships, life balance, and plenty of other things. It's nice feeling like there are lots of opportunities to grow as a person in general, and not just techincally. Last but not least is the mission. There's never a day here when I don't feel pride about what we're building. Once you learn about the experiences of the patients we're trying to help, it hits you hard and gives you a strong sense of purpose.

Cons

Spry is a young company, and so it comes with a lot of the disadvantages of a start-up: we don't have tons of time or money, so sometimes I can't do some of the projects I would like to. That said, the scarcity makes sure that whatever I am doing is super important. Also, timelines change constantly, so it's hard to plan out what you're going to be doing over the next couple weeks.

Spry Health2019-03-01

Discover more reviews about Spry Health.