Square - One of the best recruiting teams I've ever worked with | Glassdoor
  1. "One of the best recruiting teams I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Square full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of collaboration and support for one another with a focus on doing the right thing rather than just trying to fluff your hiring numbers. Generally really great hiring managers who really care about being involved with the hiring process from sourcing all the way to closing. There's definitely some stand out hiring managers and some more apathetic ones, but our overall recruiting model rewards managers who are more involved. As Square has grown we've needed to adapt and change our interview processes for specialized skill-sets and there's been more support for these kinds of changes than there has been blockers (across engineering and talent). High emphasis on work life balance and a culture within the talent org of trying new things like supporting remote recruiters/managers.

Cons

As we've grown so rapidly, there's definitely a lot of things that are being done reactively and so there's a bit of pain in dealing with broken things as they are getting fixed. ie how often our comp bands get updated (this is gotten better!)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the teams and even though there's an endless amount of things to fix, find opportunities to be proactive on future problems.

Square2019-08-28
  1. "Great place"

Current Employee - OTR/L, CHT

I have been working at Square full-time

Pros

Great place to work, it’s fantastic!

Cons

Can feel a bit chilly sometimes

Square2020-01-16
  2. "Best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Cash Specialty Team

I have been working at Square full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People The starting pay The opportunities to grow The culture

Cons

For me nothing. I'm truly happy to be a part of this company and I look forward to retiring from here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and build on it.

Square2020-01-13

Discover more reviews about Square.