Squarespace - great place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Operations

I have been working at Squarespace part-time

Pros

flexible, reliable, good work culture.

Cons

there are very little cons

Squarespace2019-09-24

"Excellent opportunities for engineering"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Squarespace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been here for a year, and I can say my experience has been excellent and rewarding so far. There is always a lot of exciting work and opportunities to learn, which translate into growth, as a developer and in terms of career. I think this is due to the size of the company (not too small, not too large). Projects are more visible and engineers are more collaborative. Also, we get the perks of a large established company, liked 401k matching, free lunch, 100% covered health insurance, and unlimited PTO. The location of the office is amazing, right in West Village and commuter-friendly.

Cons

The company is taking on a lot, which is great, but that means re-orgs and new teams, new leadership, etc. This is good and bad - it's just something to be aware of.

Squarespace2019-09-05

"Take Glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt"

Current Employee - Customer Operations Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Squarespace full-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing community, generous paid time off, positive work environment, encouraged to leave work at the door, focus on personal development outside of work, ample community and team building activities, more free food than you could ever eat

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities at some locations.

Advice to Management

I started working at Squarespace last year, beforehand  I spent a long deep-dive of a night reading through the myriad of Glassdoor reviews about working as an advisor in Customer Operations. Needless to say I was *terrified* and extremely trepidatious about the job I had just accepted. After working at Squarespace for more than a few months and completing the lengthly training that ramps you up for the position I would encourage anyone else on here to take these reviews with a grain of salt. You are not chained to your desk while on chat, there are ample opportunities for bathroom and food breaks because you set and control your pace. Yes, there is a focus on statistics because that is a key factor of how performance is measured. However - this isn't drilled down our throats and is more of a constructive conversation between you and your lead rather than something that is held over your head as a means to berate you. Yes, in past this position has had it's short-comings but the fact that policies are constantly being tweaked and guidelines are revisited (for our benefit!) is a clear indicator that management is listening to complaints and wants to change things for the better. Yes, in some locations opportunities for growth might be scarce, but in my experience promotions aren't really handed to you on a silver platter and you have to be proactive about your future. Don't let these reviews scare you off - there are a lot of people out there who have never had a job and maybe weren't expecting to do work on their job, I think they had a bad time. I've held positions at quite a few places and Squarespace is by far one of the most comfortable and caring companies I've ever come across.

Squarespace2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about Squarespace.