St. Anthony's Medical Center - Good team | Glassdoor

"Good team"

Current Employee - Social Worker
Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

conscientious continuity knowledgeable and caring staff

Cons

Management should listen to employees more

Other Employee Reviews for St. Anthony's Medical Center

"If you get injured, just resign"

Pros

good work schedule with experience, great insurance benefits, decent pay, accumulate PTO quickly, advancement opportunities, a pension plan, the possibility of college assistance

Cons

Any employee that is injured on the job might as well resign immediately. I have seen numerous employees be 'forced' out because they became a liability. As long as you stay healthy, you have a job.

"Management has no integrity!"

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time

Pros

Not much. Close to the highway, so you can drive to a better hospital. There are nice fast food places near by since the cafeteria is disgusting.

Cons

They are going to lay off employees. Instead of being honest they give us the run around. It is very clear management hold the employees in contempt. They just lie when asked a direct question despite the promise to be more honest. When asked about layoffs we're told that the manager didn't know anything about it. This is in direct conflict with what other upper management have revealed to us. So we are just left to wonder when they will drop the hammer those of us who are going to be let go.
    Many of us are already trying to complete 10 hours of work in 8 hours. When asked, management and/or supervisors talk about the other hospitals they work at, or say we should be happy to have a job. Very helpful.
    When I take a day off, the next day I am asked why something is not done. They give me a puzzled look when I tell them I was not there. Or they pull me away from my schedule to do something else and then wonder why some task on my schedule was not completed.
    My department is very top heavy with to many bosses. Most do not understand what it is me and my co-workers actually do.

Advice to Management

I would advise to open lines of communications with your subordinates and understand them and their jobs better. That, however would mean you actually care. Since you seem to be hell bent on running the hospital in the ground you can do it faster if you just admit you just care about your jobs and your wallet. STOP wasting ours and your time having department meetings just so you can not tell us anything. STOP having us complete employee surveys and acting surprised when you get low scores.