St. James's Place Wealth Management - Good company, unlimited earnings (potential) poor admin & support processes. | Glassdoor

"Good company, unlimited earnings (potential) poor admin & support processes."

Current Employee - Wealth Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Huge amount of knowledge, infrastructure and e-learning to increase your client facing knowledge, prestige firm, unlimited earning potential if you have the right network to support it. Pays to be self reliant and highly motivated.

Cons

Poor support in the early stages. The mentor system is a joke - most senior advisors volunteer to do this because they receive a £4000 bonus if the junior advisor meets year 1 target, but the actual mentoring is non-existent. I was largely left to fend for myself and learn an FCA accredited role completely on my own via trial and error. Admin is a farce - you will use hundreds and hundreds of pounds of printer ink... in this job, no exaggeration.

Advice to Management

Would be nice if management would cascade new advice enquiries to your junior wealth managers and offer orphan clients to new advisors rather than focusing on new advisors tapping into their friends and family network to becoming wealth clients. SJP are very eager to stress the importance of your network but offer zero by way of qualified lead support. This places untold stress on new advisors and forces them into... often uncomfortable discussions with their family and friends when business gets a bit quiet. This is a fundamental weakness in the process - the new academy partners aren't trained in areas such as network marketing and BNI, and this makes most new partners weaker as their network will eventually dry up leaving them with poor prospects for growth. My understanding is SJP management dish new enquiries out to their "preferred" advisors - again this is a missed opportunity, and the lack of focus on digital marketing - website optimisation, social media, is archaic and shows a lack of progressive thinking.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-04-11
  1. "CNA"

CNA in Columbus, GA

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management

Pros

Friendly environment , easy to fit in, great staff, feels like a home, easy work, laid back

Cons

no room for advancement, stepping stone for better positions,

St. James's Place Wealth Management2015-09-15
  2. "Wealth Management Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management

Pros

good culture, willing to teach

Cons

Could have been given more meaningful responsibilities

St. James's Place Wealth Management2017-12-19

Discover more reviews about St. James's Place Wealth Management.