St. Joseph Health System - Great people with great values, management seems to be stuck and inefficient | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for St. Joseph Health System

"Great people with great values, management seems to be stuck and inefficient"

Former Employee - Analyst in Orange, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in Orange, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are great - values, culture, work ethic.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful, from System office into the various hospitals.
The employees generally have better ethics and values than many in management and executive levels.

Cons

Executives and management don't 'walk their talk' which can be frustrating.
Some departments are undergoing extensive and haphazard restructuring - IT and other system office level departments.

Advice to Management

Live the core values or revise the list. You only embarrass yourselves.
If you can't competently manage change, find consultants that can do it for you and do it well.

Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph Health System

"Just okay...Caucasian feels like a minority there and one can feel excluded in some departments"

Former Employee - Nutrition Services in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Nutrition Services in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Considering size of employer - they give plenty of little perks to their employees during the holidays. Flowers, chocolates, Turkeys and I think my department even gave out gift cards as well.

Cons

As a new employee, you will work every holiday and weekend. Life balance is difficult to achieve.

If you are Caucasian, you could feel like a minority in many departments. Employees are speaking another language and do not care to include you in on their conversation. In my department, I was a minority and an outcast because I did not speak Spanish, Tagalog or any other language to be included with them.

My department was fast-paced and they did not staff it well - I even had to miss breaks frequently just to get it all done.

Advice to Management

Staff your department well enough every shift in order to meet the demands you expect of your employees.

2. "Great workplace."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

St. Joseph knows how to treat their employees. They do a great job empowering their employees to make things happen.

Cons

The pay is a bit below industry standard.