St. Joseph Health System - Driven by mission, vision and values | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for St. Joseph Health System

"Driven by mission, vision and values"

Current Employee - Manager - Manager in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Manager - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The commitment to live by the values is real. That doesn't mean everybody is perfect, but the culture promotes a genuine attempt to exemplify the mission, vision and values. People are generally friendly and helpful. I feel valued here.

Cons

I've not experienced any major cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to be present, visible and accessible. Keep your eye out for those of us doing a great job and we'll be loyal and make this company great!

Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph Health System

"Lacks Core Values"

Former Employee - Mid Management in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Mid Management in Orange, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Patients, benefits and many of my coworkers were a plus!

Cons

Administration and site management fail the employees. The organization states itself as a Catholic Organization with Core Values of Service, Justice, Excellence and Dignity. Its a shame that these traits are no longer incorporated into the treatment of employees. Since they've moved most of the Nuns out and "corporate" moved in the organization has lost the original focus intended by the Nuns. Its a shame.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees are a huge reason the organization function. You may recognize 4 people every year for the "values", but the morale remains low for the other 364 days of the year. Show your workers that you value what they do and support them when they come to you with issues. Don't sweep them under the carpet and pretend issues don't exist. This new breed of administration coming in has lost the human aspect.

2. "Good people, slow progress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of the employees have become very close, and it's a good sized hospital. Not too large, but also not cramped. They have done a lot of renovations to the main hospital in the last year or so. The manager I have is fantastic and motivating, which is probably one of the best things about working here.

Cons

I work in a smaller department. Most of the employees have become complacent in their skills and don't work to sharpen up. I think most of this is because we are overworked and underpaid. For instance, they have needed to hire another person for about 6 months and it has yet to be done, so the rest of the staff has to divide up the work. Seeing too many patients per person along with dismal raises equals low morale.

Advice to Management

Recognize the "little people" more... They are the glue of the facility.