St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center - great, but uncertain.... | Glassdoor

"great, but uncertain...."

Current Employee - Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits with relatively nice people.
A good hospital in general. Close to many food options as well and not far from Light Rail.

Cons

There is an uncertain financial future here at the hospital. Raises and bonuses are unknown at this point. You hear of many people being laid off--I guess it is part of the tough economic times for a non-profit hospital.

Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

1. "Disappointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Great place to work. There has been a problem with the lead person that management is aware of but will not take action against

Cons

Great place to work. Management will not confront or seek the truth about a dishonest employee

Advice to Management

Do the right thing when someone advises you that a co-worker is abusive

2. "Challenging, rewarding and fulfilling - always pushing me to excel. An effective ministry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Corporate Values are worked out daily - staff are held accountable to the Values.
    Compensation and benefits are some of the best in the industry and performance-driven.
    Excellence is expected, encouraged and exemplified at every level in every department.

Cons

If you live in the outer suburbs it is a significant drive into the city every day.
    The place is big ... and the cafeteria is small - but at least the food is great, and we have a Starbucks.
    You will be expected to work to our values - Dignity, Collaboration, Stewardship, Justice, Excellence.

Advice to Management

keep encouraging us, keep holding us accountable, keep leading the way...I am thankful for respectful management who do care and give so much in the midst of such challenging times and intense change in healthcare. Thank you for treating and keeping SJHMC as a mission and not a job.