St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - Better than I hoped for, more than I had dreamed possible. | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "They also have a great work/life balance as they say you should never take work home with you" (in 33 reviews)

• "Jude Children's Research Hospital is a great place to work" (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons working at St" (in 25 reviews)

• "There are not really cons to working for St" (in 6 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Better than I hoped for, more than I had dreamed possible."

Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are fantastic and welcoming! It feels more like a family career than just a job. The researchers and facilities are top notch, and everything is collaborative. We have one common goal, a focused purpose left to us by Danny Thomas, and we will succeed!

Cons

At times, it can be sobering to see the kids in here coping with their challenges. All of them are heroes, with a can do, will do spirit that cannot be dampened. I am humbled and work harder because I see these angels fighting every day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication both ways! Get out and walk around the whole hospital-support staff, patient care and research. Listen to what is said, that is the best way to really know what is going on around here.

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. Welcome to the team!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Patient Care Associate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring staff that really cares about the children and their families

Cons

Sometimes I don't feel valued or appreciated by our manager.

Advice to Management

I know it's important to tell us everything we are doing wrong or not doing. However since I've been here us PCA's rarely get a compliment from our manager. Like doing a good job. I think I got one Thank you for my 3 years working here and that was for coming in on a snow day. I'm not complaining tho. But it would be nice to feel appreciated sometimes.

Oct 18, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. It is important to us that all of our employees feel appreciated for the hand they have in saving the lives of children at St. Jude. Our managers are not perfect but we... More

"Excellent"

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time

Pros

Excellent, Very Good Benefits, Very Nice Environment

Cons

Low Salary, Growth is low, Memphis is not exciting place to stay

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing your employment at St. Jude! We are glad you enjoy the work you do here. Advancement opportunities are different for every area of the hospital, but thank you for the... More

Discover more reviews about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.