St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - Technical Service Technologist | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "They also have a great work/life balance as they say you should never take work home with you" (in 33 reviews)

• "Working for a cause, great benefits, immigration support" (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons working at St" (in 25 reviews)

• "There are not really cons to working for St" (in 6 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Technical Service Technologist"

Current Employee - Technical Service Technologist in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Technical Service Technologist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can't beat the reason you come to work everyday. The team environment is healthy and supportive. Our supervisors want to see us grow and develop.

Cons

No real cons to working for St Jude.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Sep 26, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for the review!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Advanced Signal Processing Technician"

Current Employee - Advnced Signl ProcessingTechnician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Advnced Signl ProcessingTechnician in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great CEO, great opportunity to do give back and it provides great benefits

Cons

Some departments don't allow employees to enjoy many of the incentives provided at the hospital. Some managers tend to abuse their power and treat their subordinates like children instead of professionals. For example, the management in my department does not agree with employees using the Living Well Center during lunch periods (disregarding that the institution encourages it). Exempt employees in non-patient care areas are placed under the same restrictions as non exempt employees that work in time constrained capacities.

Advice to Management

It would be great if managers were required to complete occupation specific in-services and accountability training to ensure they understand the benefits available for all employees, as well as, provide reasonable opportunities for employees to equally partake in the benefits offered. Management should universally be educated on how to manage exempt and non exempt employees according to the details of their professions instead of dictating according to their person preferences and making generalized assumptions. Management does not demonstrate the same genuine interest in the employees that the CEO demonstrates for the hospital staff and support as a whole.

2. "St. Jude the great place to work"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Memphis, TN

Pros

I have been working in St.Jude for more than five years. Everyone is respected working here, and all my works are appreciated.

Cons

There is no downsides for me until now.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Response

Sep 26, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for the review!

Discover more reviews about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.