St. Jude Medical - Rewarding work and great team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for St. Jude Medical

"Rewarding work and great team"

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting products and awesome team environment

Cons

Medical device companies are having to navigate a challenging regulatory environment

Other Employee Reviews for St. Jude Medical

"Seemingly good once, shedding quality and established staff at a rate on Knots"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at St. Jude Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Heritage, Some passionate people, nice size (but getting smaller by the day), some opportunity in all the the changes if you can hang on and deal with the management. Interesting pipeline of products.

Cons

Terrible management - St Jude went from small to pretty big for a pacing firm in a few years,and it shows. No one there can operate a business of that size and complexity effectively. I have worked for some big players in the Healthcare market, and know what that should look and feel like. Not here. Amateur hour.

There is a real sense of firefighting everything, and mortgaging business now and to hell with the future. This leads to short term thinking and poor customer and staff satisfaction. I think the attitude of the management was very macho BS. with a quote being 'well, if you don't pull the number in whatever, you won't be her to worry about it', hence the shoddy mortgaging practices.

Morale was low when I left, worse now with long serving staff leaving. They have basically cannibalised what made them good. In my judgement they were living like a company from the early 2000's - all big conferences and ra ra team building, borderline illegal and certainly immoral employee relations. I bet that they wish they hadn't spent all that money now they are having to lay off staff. No prudence

I could go on but to me it was a lesson on how not to run a business

Advice to Management

Not that they would listen. Sort your IT. Sort your strategy - find your roots again. Keep unnecessary spending down (I suppose you do now by sacking key staff), think mid-long term and rebuild, and don't believe your own hype -A bit of humility goes a long way. keep the very good management from AGA and shelve the team that has grown with SJM - they cannot do the job properly.

"Company and management needs some work"

I worked at St. Jude Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

St Jude has some great technology and good people.

Cons

The division I worked at was poorly managed and it took it's toll on the personnel. Enthusiasm was lacking. One department had a 100% turnover in 11 months. There seems to be a lot of stress on keeping salaries low at the cost of talent retention.
    Then there was the odd information release about a forthcoming 483 letter from the FDA and the lawsuits concerning defective lead insulation........

Advice to Management

Take care of of your resources or they will leave to work for the competition; it's your choice.