St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children - Entry level start only | Glassdoor

"Entry level start only"

Former Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Bayside, NY
Former Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Bayside, NY

I worked at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good vacation benefits. Co-workers are the best and the hospital really does care about the children.

Cons

I worked in the EI program so I can only give a review as far as that department is concerned. If getting worked like and dog and not being appreciated is what you're looking for then I suggest you apply. I didnt receive proper training for my position and when ever I asked one question I would get different answers from supervisors. While directors and supervisors receive raises all other employees have been working at the same payrate for over 5 years. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because of the services they offer to the children in need and my fellow colleagues make coming to work worth while.

Advice to Management

Hold yoursels to a hihger standard and train your employees properly. Give raises.

Other Employee Reviews for St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children

1. "Staff"

I have been working at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The children, supportive team players, supervisors very helpful.

Cons

If your not organized you can easily become overwhelmed . No raises for community staff because no union like the hospital employees! To much gossiping rather than working which makes it bad for those of us who do our jobs!

Advice to Management

Let the winers go don't ask them to stay. They only create more work for others.

2. "Staff"

I have been working at St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You know you are making a difference in the lives of the patients and their families. Anything you do no matter how little you may think affects the greater good for all the patients.

Cons

Supervisors are not all that nice. Some of them are only looking out for themselves and their personal advancement.

Advice to Management

Give better treatment to your employees