Staff Management | SMX - If you need a job real quick, they do hire fast. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Staff Management | SMX

"If you need a job real quick, they do hire fast."

Current Employee - The Work Was Fast But Hours Were Unreliable in Dixon, IL
Current Employee - The Work Was Fast But Hours Were Unreliable in Dixon, IL

Pros

You get hired on real quick. The other employees are great to work with aside from a few bad apples in the bunch.

Cons

The hours suck. One week you get 32 hours and the following week you are lucky to get in 24 hours. And if you go and work the weekend to get over-time, you are guaranteed to have your hours cut severely the following week.

It's not dependable especially if you have a family and have regular monthly bills that are due. You can't depend on set amount in your pay check. It varies drastically each week.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees who work hard and who are dependable and reliable. Acknowledge them and stop hiring so many people when you don't even have enough hours to give to the employees you already have.

Other Employee Reviews for Staff Management | SMX

1. "A job if you like hard work and just some money"

Current Employee - Packer in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Packer in Cleveland, TN

Pros

If you are willing to work hard, this company will hire you.

Cons

You work two weeks on third shift, next week on second, next week on first.
    Between the two weeks on thirds, you work ar night Saturday and Sunday; 12 hours each day.
    Between the second week on thirds and week of seconds, you work Saturday and Sunday days, 12 hours.
    After seconds week, and after week on firsts, you have Saturday and Sunday off.
    Then it repeats.
    There is no adjustment you just keep doing it.

Advice to Management

Offer the employees some perks, a low cost lunch once a week. Dinner every six months.
    Maybe some prizes for working and doing it right. Just something so it isn't just dull drudgery.

2. "Eh, nothing special"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Pros

I needed a second job and the hours fit with my schedule from my other job, so I took the job. I worked at Proctor and Gamble packaging shampoo, it wasn't enjoyable.

Cons

Pretty much the entire job sucked, it was mindless, boring, brain-numbing work and I very nearly quit the first day on the job. It was very repetitive, however by the summer I was convinced I needed to do well in college so that I wouldn't wind up there again.

Advice to Management

Didn't really work with management much other than the training orientation, "interview" if you can call it that, and when I had questions about when and where to report for work.