Standard Parking - Hourly Employee | Glassdoor

"Hourly Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Standard Parking full-time

Pros

Great office environment, benefits (the ones provided) are good. Great work/life balance

Cons

No tuition benefits, low pay,

Advice to Management

Pay is not a good as it should be. Should offer better benefits for non-union employees. i.e. no tuition benefits, lower pay, hard to advance in company. HR not as hopeful as they should be and their response time is horrible on important issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Standard Parking

1. "Needs some major changes n it would be great."

Former Employee - I Was Never Told My Job Title in Queens Village, NY
    Former Employee - I Was Never Told My Job Title in Queens Village, NY

I worked at Standard Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workers are good humble and hard working . You feel like family once your on board. The Pay is Good. Also you can join the union after 3 months n start gaining benefits.

Cons

Its a job that requires a lot of standing and short breaks to recuperate from the excessive standing. Shifts are unchangeable and management is hard to talk to. Management display Racial Discrimination, Endangered workers, Unsafe work environment, displayed ethnic Hierarchy, and Religious Discrimination. I never found out my job title everyday was a new assignment.

Advice to Management

Check in on the locations unannounced and you'll see more of what is really going.

2. "My experience working with Standard Parking was good overall it is a very relaxing easy job that requires no experience."

Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Standard Parking part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a high school/college student you have plenty of time in between lunch hour and when everyone goes home to study or read. There really is not much supervision, the job is easy to do does not entitle much no former experience is needed.

Cons

There are a lot of customer problems so if you work for standard parking you much know how to separate business with personal feelings. The company does not value a students schedule it is not flexible it is set in stone and does not respect its part-time employees. There is also no way to advance within the company my former employee instead of giving me a management position in another location she gave it to her daughter. Instead of another employee with more years and experience.

Advice to Management

I advice management to REPLACE all of its booth Attending's with the Electronic Machines. That way the company can save its money without having to pay employee's and managers or area supervisors it would cut the company cost greatly as a former employee I felt I did nothing that a 3rd grader students could not do working as a cashier in a booth in a parking garage.