Standard TV and Appliance - A Family,(Disfunctional and Abusive, but a family) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Standard TV and Appliance

"A Family,(Disfunctional and Abusive, but a family)"

Former Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Standard TV and Appliance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

All the other employees became friends and family. Everyone looked out for and helped if anyone had a personal problem. Fun environment as long as managers were not there. Could make good money at start but slowly decreased year by year. I worked there for over 10 years.

Cons

Managers are browbeaten and crap rolls downhill. By the time I left, everyone was looking over their shoulders. You have about 50% of your time left to sell each day after cleaning your section 3 times, writing your reports, keeping and turning in your figures, researching the competitors ads, restocking floor, etc.

Advice to Management

BACK OFF. The employees will be loyal without you forcing them to be.

Other Employee Reviews for Standard TV and Appliance

1. "loved working there. great family environment"

Former Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Standard TV and Appliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family owned company. everyone has a word and is able to go to the right people to get things done. owner cares about its employees in an event of an accident.

Cons

management system is confusing. There are too many managers trying to do the same job. No 401k match.

Standard TV and Appliance Response

Aug 19, 2014 – HR Supervisor

We are currently undergoing a major management restructure and after going through the multi year recession, suffering net losses, profits were not available for our profit sharing 401k program. We ... More

2. "Great Comradery"

I have been working at Standard TV and Appliance full-time

Pros

Positive relationships among employees. Everyone seems pretty polite, and willing to help each other out. There are many opportunities to grow in the company.

Cons

There seems to be somewhat of a disconnect between different departments in the company, which can, at times, cause communication issues.

Advice to Management

You can’t give too much positive feedback. Excellent customer service and productivity comes from satisfied employees who's needs are being met.