Stanford Children's Health - Physicians and hospital clerks are easy to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Stanford Children's Health

"Physicians and hospital clerks are easy to work with."

Former Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Stanford Children's Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really like working for Stanford Hospital and Lucille Packard Children Hospital because it has given me the opportunity to enhance my profession and encouraged me to excel with my job.

Cons

The number one challenges that I had encounter working for Lucile Packard Children Hospital when the Revenue Management hired a Manager that do not have enough experience regarding coding and billing. Complexity of coding and billing for surgery that have contradiction of interpretation of operative report and patient diagnosis.

Advice to Management

I would like to say that supervisor and manager should take into consideration of treating employees and staff in the coding and billing community with respect. In regards to promotion and training administration should take into account the employees experiences.

Other Employee Reviews for Stanford Children's Health

"Committed staff and clinicians"

Pros

If both management and team socially competent, it's a great place to work.

Cons

Work experience depends upon competence of specific manager and how well people system of specific unit functions. Wide range of competency in managers functioning level of groups in specific departments. If manager abusive, work situation can be extremely toxic.

"Interviewers Beware"

Current Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Children's Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am sure they are treating people very well, on average.!

Cons

HR just informed us that LPCH can terminate new employees as stated in trial period verbiage without due process - new employees are not eligible for any verbal or written notice. There is enough air cover in the LPCH HR policy that a manager can fire you at will during trial period whether there is any performance issue or not. Also employees in trial period are not eligible for any FMLA related absences. They may not provide information about trial period during the offer. It will left to you to actively ask for it, read it and understand it. Use this as a warning and do your own due diligence.